3.24.2010

a woman of nearly 60

today my mother would be just barely holding onto her youth, her hair getting frostier & frostier when at its roots it was a perfect jet black, far darker than my own. she also has a widow's peak-a true sign of natural beauty-something missing from my own forehead. i just shaved my head (too tight) recently. so tight that six days later i can still see the scar; most can't unless looking, but i always can. from most any angle. mostly on the right side, but know that it reeks havoc on my left side (my knee and ankle specifically have the feeling of being on pins & needles all the time ever since.). i think i have shin splints on that left leg now b/c of all the walking and running, but i surely can't tell/feel it. for now...i love my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment