3.02.2010

The Avett Bros @ The Missouri Theatre 3.2.10-BLAST OFF!!!

A view from the sidewalk. A seat in the street. A glimmer from down in the gutter. At this point the article is strictly going to read as a logue from outside the show my editor was too stupid or lazy or whatever to get me credentialed. So I’m here now sitting in rod-iron patio furniture in front of one of the fifteen new yogurt shops in columbia since last I lived here. This one happens to be called yogoluv. How delectable; how delectable indeed. The show has started already and the only people walking by at this point are silly little sorority girls who couldn’t identify signs of life in the amazon. I will say though, of the hipster kids I see coming and going, curly hair is very much of the moment in the midwest. I’m not sure the same could be said about the left coast. And now that I mention it, I could have been back in LA watching the sunset in the santa monica sands. But instead I’m freezing my mantitties off here in the muddle of missouri. Seriously, do you want to know the number of layers I have on. The depths of my devices. And unfortunately its all for not. I am not comfotable. I’m gonna be honest; I really don’t know how long I can keep this up…at this point, I need a miracle as the hippie kids say. At this stage in the evening, I’d probably be happy with shorts on your newp. for cereal.

So here I swot at Travis’s merch table contemplating a t-shirt purchase to solidify the look of a concert goer post-encore, pre-last call. I cant really buy the t with the tour dates on the back now can i. why is it that I prefer the designs on the girlie and baby doll t’s. f it. Not gonna waste my scratch on any of this nonsense. And travis is looking to catch a minute of the show before he preps for the post-show rush and the aftershow breaking down, packing up.
Holy snikes! So some lame ass kids left an hour befor ethe show was over, I took their tix, but duder at the door wasn’t havin’ it. I did however cvonvince him that I wanted to purchase a t-shirt from the show I couldn’t properly hear. But hey, lets be honest, I can hear pretty well. Pretty well. And yeah, I’m not gonna buy a t-shirt. I did however procure a very nice linoleum block print going for a tidy little some. She couldn’t take it with her but wanted it shipped to her bf’s place in trenton, mo. That’s in the 660 area code for those who don’t know.
Millie—booker for the bluenote has just made sure that I get into the second set. I love you in the face, miss millie.
So here I am in row j and the crowd is reswtless. Ready to explode. They should really start doing some pickin’ and grinin’…and here we go.
So now this has totally turned into a fratrock singalong. Much like heariung wilco play YHF for the fifteenth time. Take that tweedy. Dad-rocker.Here’s a toss-up for all you tossers. Which is worse: stupid hippies or psuedo intellectual hipsters. ‘cause that basically all that’s here. Oh, lets not forget the aging hipsters and dad-rockers. T-3 minutes until pumpkin time for these interlopers.
And in all seriousness, the band, the crew, and the blue note staff were so great tonight. wonderful musicianship, helpful staffers, and really chill people in and around the venue tonight. i just have one parting piece of advice: if you're at a show were people are allowed to record the audio, like tonight, please don't sing along. it really ruins the audio. trust me; i've 20 wilco shows were you can better hear the five guys around our pole than tweedy and the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment